The NLI Business Licence is a simple copyright licensing product designed for business and other organisations, other than those that provide media monitoring services for clients. It affords the appropriate permission to use, copy and share a vast array of newspaper and magazine content without the risk or cost of copyright infringement.
- Photocopy, print, fax, scan and share articles from over 200 newspaper and magazine publications
- Email press cuttings and articles received from media monitoring organisations (MMOs) and/or PR companies
- Copy or re-use articles from a range of newspaper website publications
- Access articles through a web-based portal provided by a media monitoring organisation
- Store copied or purchased articles on a secure intranet for up to 30 days
Optional Additional Rights
- Extended Archive – to store electronically for over 30 days. If your MMO maintains an archive of content over 30 days on your behalf then you are required to subscribe to this extended archive option.
- Website republishing – post articles on your company website
The NLI Business Licence fee is based on the total number of staff within a company or organisation.
The national newspapers repertoire is included in the NLI Business Licence regardless. Coverage for regional newspapers, magazines and UK newspapers (paper rights only) are offered as optional selections. The basic licence fee and the various options fees are set out in the Business Licence fee schedule.
New licensees are required to pay an indemnity fee to legitimise past unlicensed copying. The indemnity fee is calculated by multiplying the current annual licence fee by the number of years in which copying has previously taken place.
Clients of Media Monitoring Organisations or of PR agencies
If you receive a press cuttings service from a media monitoring organisation, it’s likely that you will require a NLI Business Licence.
All clients of media monitoring organisations that engage in multiple access to electronic clippings from newspapers and magazines, either through a web-based portal or receipt by other methods of electronic delivery, must hold a valid NLI licence.
How to purchase
You may purchase a Business Licence by applying for a quote online. Alternatively please complete the application form in the Business Licence Pack and return the signed original to Newspaper Licensing Ireland Ltd.